A low carb diet limits carbohydrates such as grains, starchy vegetables, and fruit and promotes dietary protein and fat. There are many types of low carb diets and each one varies in the restrictions of how many carbohydrates you can consume.
In general, eating this way has many benefits especially in today’s mega-carbohydrate society! Carbohydrates can be found in just about every food on the market! There are some foods that actually have 0 carbs, but not many.
That being said, too many carbs have caused disease and sickness to skyrocket! Diabetes, Obesity, heart disease and cancer are a few health issues that have been increasing rapidly because of the amount of carbohydrate that people are consuming.
Eating a low carb diet is a healthy alternative to what most of society is used to eating. This kind of diet is generally used for weight loss, although it doesn’t have to be. There are many other benefits to eating lower carbohydrates such as:
- Lowering blood sugar levels
- Reducing the risk of heart disease
- Reducing the risk of certain cancers
- Reducing the risk of metabolic syndrome
- Increased and steadier energy levels
- Improved Triglycerides
- Lessened gastrointestinal symptoms such as heartburn
- Better mental concentration (less